Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snowed In And Loving It

Today we were snowed in. I was a bit disappointed at first because I had made plans and had my day schedule and knew exactly how I was going to go about my day and what I was going to do with it! Getting snowed in wasn't exactly on the list... HOWEVER - I decided to to enjoy today! I used it as a great opportunity to clean my house which desperately needed my attention. My husband stayed awake after coming home from work, made us breakfast... ate with us. Watch a TV show with us, cuddled... and just enjoyed our time being together. We then took a nice nap after reading some nursery rhymes and giggling at how funny they were... and when I woke up, I decided to get to work!

I put on 'Wreck It Ralph' for the kids to watch, and baby-proofed the living room, added some baby-gates and started cleaning the kitchen and downstairs bathroom and laundry area... I then moved upstairs and cleaned the bathroom, made the beds, moved the futon to clean under it... gathered a few things to Craigslist and post the advertisements. I got almost everything done. I still have to put away the laundry, and vacuum and wash the carpets/stairs. But I decided to stop for the day and concentrate on dinner. Isaac helped me make some macaroni noodles and cut up some green beans and he helped count out some chicken nuggets. He was so joyful to be included and it was so sweet to have his help  - I love that boy! I got the dishwasher loaded and the floor swept and then a good friend of mine came over to talk and just vent for a while...

We had  a good talk, and my husband even joined in! He was so gracious and helpful... and kind. It made me take a step back and realize how far we have come in our relationship... My friend's problems were very much like our past problems that we've faced as a couple... problems which arent exactly problems anymore... mostly bad memories. And I never before realized before tonight - JUST how much we've grown together... how much we've learned from one another.... it made me so proud to sit by him, watch and listen to him speak - and see my bestfriend, my love, my husband.... grow and lead me, and to be so compassionate to my friend and her husband.

I often take my husband for granted... and I very often dont express to him how much he is appreciated or realize how much he actually sacrifices for me... I mean today - I apologized to him for a HUGE wrong I had done him, and he just held my face in his hand, so gently.... and said, "If you've done that, its ok. I forgive you and I love you" - just like that... it made my heart melt...

I have a good man; and I am ever so thankful - more so now than ever before...

No comments:

Post a Comment