Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Randomness of Life, Scents of Lavender, and Living Wholly In the Lord

2013 is my year of refreshment and rest. Not just Physical, but Emotional and Spiritual rest too. The Lord has been going a great work in me, that is just beginning, even though it feels as never-ending construction zone.... But thats the thing - IT IS NEVER-ENDING! It used to fill me with such dread and fear - resentment - and now - I have just hope and joy.

Between four pregnancies in five years, birthing three children in that time via cesarean.... getting married.... being a wife, a mother... a daughter-in-law... I am no longer the same person I was six  - seven years ago. I am someone new, someone entirely different. Its astonishing at the changes that have occurred .. and what is more astonishing to me, is the stubbornness and pigheadedness that I have encountered from MYSELF! Marriage speeds up sanctification through Christ.... but having children boosts it into TURBO! I never knew how selfish I was (am)... I never knew how little I actually knew about life - about scripture and the Lord.... My children have truly been a blessing to me. Thank you God for the beautiful blessings you have bestowed in my care.... Thank you for using them to teach me patience.... selflessness.... love... understanding... and so much more

Psalm 127:3-5
Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Its amazing how random my days are. And yet, they all involve the care and upbringing of my children, the organization of my house, and the devotion to my husband ... but I find myself baking pot pies one day... knitting hats another... making soap... canning... sewing an apron... embroidering pillowcases... teaching the children 'please' and 'thank you' in German and Spanish... Sign-language... I never imagined my life would entail so many random projects or bits of knowledge involving little pieces of this or that. But I am beginning to see all the randomness is part of one giant picture... one giant plan - making me more well-rounded... more knowledgeable... and more able to parent better and train my children. We are studying piano right now. It involves hand-eye coordination, counting, rhythm, the alphabet! Knitting helps with those things too. So does baking/cooking. I am starting to realize how teaching them simple survival skills, making them self-sufficient young adults (in time) is also helping them learn now. I am home-schooling without even meaning to. Which is giving me the confidence to push forward and home-school more readily and easily.

I also became a Young Living Essential Oils Distributor. I have been exploring more natural remedies to help with Isaac's clubbed foot, Orin's kidney reflux... my lady-bits issues. My husband's clubbed feet... our emotional stability... I am currently using Lavender the most for myself... It can act as a deodorant, with no harsh chemicals or cancer-causing side effects. It helps calm my youngest down for bed/nap time... soothes burns... scars... stretch marks....  I now smell of Lavender - and love it! Valor and PanAway are ones I used on Nathan today... he said he instantly felt the effects (particularly Valor) and immediately relaxed... which is so hard for him to do after a day at work. I am starting to use Thieves, Purification, Frankincense, Lemon, and Orange oil on my youngest with Kidney Reflux - my goal is to take him off the antibiotics and fully transition him, and our entire family onto plant-food based supplements and essential oils instead of animal-food based supplements and chemicals, and antibiotics. Its wont be an over-night thing of course, but it is part of the transition I am fully willing and eager to make.



I have been so convicted to live more in Faith and Trust in God's sovereignty , His provision... He intended for us to live off the land... gave us plants, herbs... as a means of nourishment, and healing. Why are we all so dependent upon the FDA and Tyson to provide for us what God has already given? Because it is more convenient; because it is the time we are living in? Convenience aside - we were created with a specific plan and given all these blessings and available means of thriving in our environment and we as a society have gone so far away from God's original design and intent for us. Did you know cancer can be cured by a combination of essential oils and plants? Frankincense can break the blood-brain barrier... We have all these amazing tools which only enhance our bodies not destroy them, right at our fingertips, and we dont use them. This is my personal conviction - you dont have to agree.... but I want to start being self-sufficient - living off the land as God intended... growing my own food, canning my own food... using the tools God has already provided to give my children the best possible life I can. I want to live holy in Christ, and live wholly in His plans... not just by Spiritual Theology and Convictions, but by his original design and plans for us. Getting back to basics in the Word and in how I care for and provide for my family, using God's blue-print as my guide...

No comments:

Post a Comment